Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Smile of a Lass




Adorning a smile on her face,

with a poise, worth inspiring any sculptor,

an adorable lass stood there, retying her loose lace;

As I saw her; stretched my neck towards the sky, to salute the Creator.

 

My heart, at that moment, deified this angel

for her very sight seemed to expiate all my sins;

My tactful speech fell in her spell,

as I went dumb, for what seemed like aeons.

 

No levels of adrenaline seemed able to fight my numb

limbs, albeit I longed to perambulate

in her vicinity, without disturbing her divine aplomb

to experience her aura, that could, in the least, intoxicate.

 

Suppressing my cerebral activity, garnering all my courage

I knelt before her, caring a damn for pertinence,

implored for love with my eyes, that surrendered to her bondage;

even refused to blink, awaiting her countenance.



No comments: