Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Nostalgia

NOSTALGIA revisits RAO!!!

I can hardly fathom the origin of thoughts that controls my physicalas well as mental health. But the irony is I don't like it when people try to explain them with some theories and assumptions. I personallyfeel when some things around us when left unexplained, their splendorappeals to man. It was one of the usual days in my office when I wassitting in library and reading a book when I suddenly noticed my minddeviating from the book to my recent past. I just thought of sharingmy thoughts with my friends. Hence this textual equivalent of myboisterous thoughts.

It was spring time and our final semester exams were just over. Wewere sailing on cloud nine. We no longer belonged to the campus. I wasoverwhelmed with mixed feelings. I had successfully reached theshore(completed my engg.) after a long and challenging ordeal which Ihad started in 2002.At the same time I was at the end of the mostcolorful phase of my life-the college life.

That was the day I really saw the splendor of our college campus. Ifelt like hugging the campus and embracing it till I feel contented. Icould feel the paternal sympathy when we saw those magnanimous treeswith their huge trunks bordering the open field where v played allsorts of outdoor games .I remembered many evenings I spent in collegestrolling around enjoying the cool breeze discussing the classpolitics and petty affairs of my classmates. It used to be ourfavourite recreation. The pranks played by my friends were reminiscentin my mind and was being replayed for me as I was laughing at myfollies and pranks I played. It's astonishing when I remember the kindof zeal we had every morning. There used to be days when our lecturerstook attendance by the window side looking at us near the canteen. Thekind of grand plans we used to chalk for every semester vacationreally intrigued me at that moment. Those were the days where thewhole experience was more exhilarating than exhausting. The glory andthe legacy of our college had masked all our lapses and put us on apedestal on par with the respectable society. The entire college, Ifelt was mourning my exit from college. I guess it was my reflectionof melancholy. Even to this day I owe a large part of my success tothis holy center of learning which had legitimate geniuses who workedwith priestlike sincerity.

All of a sudden I felt a cold shoulder when a friend of mine suddenlymocked my shoulder in the library. Only then did I realize it was alljust memories. The cruel social maturity took over its control over mymind. I thanked god gracefully for bestowing us with memory and moreso for keeping it still as an enigma.

RAO

No comments: