Wednesday, February 28, 2007

A Rendezvous with GOD!!!

A RENDEZVOUS WITH GOD!!!

It was twilight time and the sun was gracefully going down the horizon. I was alone walking down the shoreline in kanyakumari relishing the twilight hour in the serene
and a tranquil atmosphere.The crowd was phenomenally low that day. I felt the solitude and the ever wanted silence there. It was very peaceful.

Suddenly an elderly man with divine face tapped my shoulder and asked me " What are you doing here my boy? ". My body gave a spasmodic jerk when he touched me. I could see the effulgence radiating from behind his head. Albeit my inherent reluctance to speak to any stranger I happily replied back "I am just appreciating the nature". Without any
reply, he also continued to walk with me along the shore and we gradually indulged into discussion.We walked for miles together without a trace of fatigue. The journey was rather exhilarating than exhausting in his proximity. In the midst of it, unknowingly I just asked him "If GOD could create such beauty in this world for the man to enjoy, why
does he let the man to breed jealousy and greed in his mind and Why doesn't He eradicate the bad from the world?". " My Boy, if you were living by the sea shore for a long time, then would you appreciate the sunset in the same way as you are doing now? Definitely not. Its because you tend to get used to the same scenic sight and it becomes a part of your mundane life. Likewise if there were good people everywhere, good food for veryone and everything good happening everywhere , then the very value of good would lose its significance. Man would not know to strive towards his goal. Sacrifice would have no place on this earth. Noone would try to realise Him as they will never find his need. Gradually everything would become a part of man's life.Luxuries would become necessities, man will become slave to the comfort and he'll forget the very purpose of his life." he replied. Pat I bounced back asking " What is the purpose of my life?" He
gracefully said " Realising........" and vapoured away from me towards the dusky sea when I heard a ' trrrrrrrrrrrrrnnnnnnnnnnn...' , my alarm went off.


It was only then I realised it was all my dream.It was 8 am and I was still on bed. Anyway regardless of the authenticity of the event, I pondered over his last word for days together. Finally I got the solution.I guessed it meant that " Realising the purpose of my life was itself the purpose." I felt divine and blessed when I realised god himself spoke to me at length and lead me from the frightening dark to the reassuring light. A lightning bolt ran down the spine.

RAO

No comments: