Monday, March 19, 2007

My Pursuit for happiness

My house was so very lavish
Still I was ever so anguish.
My big fat salary package
Failed to reduce my worry borne baggage
Hardly did I realize,
It was the time to spiritualize.

I started losing my health
In the search for material wealth.
I hardly had time for leisure
As my work caused its seizure.
Rarely did I realize,
It was the time to spiritualize

I amassed a big booty
Meanwhile lost a life of beauty.
I was under an illusion
That greatness lies in possession
Gradually did I realize,
It was the time to spiritualize

I never got a peace of mind
In the room of golden bind
I wandered in search of happiness
Wondered at its scarceness
Finally did I realize,
It was the time to spiritualize

Everything appeared so trivial
All those which were once crucial
I was now gaining health
Without the help of wealth
Everything looked beautiful
I too felt ever so blissful

I was now facing the truth
But was reaching far down south
I reached late at the destination
Thanks to my procrastination.
The truth made me content
Gratifying my main intent.


RAO

No comments: