Friday, October 17, 2008

My Ami

In my life of peregrination,
I was drifting away, knowing not my destination
In the darkness of my ignorance,
Your friendship became a fluorescence

When I was sinking in the shoreless sea of despair
You came as a boat to revive my last flickering hope.
Supplementing my life, you brought in such a harmony,
Our lives became a libretto filled with symphony.

Reflecting my lacunae without any prejudice,
you were a mirror without malice.
Sharing sorrow and joy in equal measure
you created a bond without any fissure

Moments of joy we shared so often
lay in my mind, every bit frozen
Every time I invoke those memories
my crescent smile shows my ivories.

The only thought that I now fear
Is a life without you dear
You have filled a void which I was not even aware
until you bestowed your soul which was so bare

I bow to thee and pray in earnest
to bless me with you as my friend very dearest.
May the aura of your presence
make my life filled with iridescence.

No comments: